Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

coit tower & north beach


We headed up to Coit Tower where there were great views of Alcatraz, the Bay, and some beautiful murals. Afterward, we headed down the hill to North Beach, where we enjoyed a world famous pizza from Tony's followed by gelato just down the street.

It was at this point (7 pm) that I realized my wallet, which I had not seen since lunchtime, was no longer securely nestled in my backpack. I immediately cancelled my credit cards and we hopped on the nearest bus to head back to the sandwich shop where we had lunch.  Folks, if you don't believe in God, get ready to. a.) the restaurant, which is only open from 8-3, still had employees inside. b.) one of these awesome employees had found my wallet and put it away for me.  c.) nothing was missing and no erroneous charges had been made.  I cried huge tears of joy at the sight of my license.  I could live without the credit and cash (if there had been any to steal), but not my only form of identification.  After all, how would I get to the next hostel without a photo i.d.? Better yet, how would I get home? I do not deserve the mercy I was granted, but I am oh so grateful for it.